There are some things you need to know about me.
- Personal. I am a Christian (for 36 years), a husband, a father, and a grandfather. I am a member and serve at Brookwood Baptist Church in Shreveport, Louisiana. I also serve as President of the Shreveport Chapter of Reasons To Believe.
- Theology. I am a Southern Baptist and within the mainstream of conservative evangelical theology. My Statement of Faith is here: http://reasons.org/about
- Old Universe/Earth Creationism. I believe the paradigm of Old Earth Creationism best interprets the data from the special revelation (the Bible) and the general revelation (the record of nature) in the realm of origins.
- Substitutionary Atonement. On the cross, Jesus Christ became sin as the once-and-for-all sacrifice. He exchanged His righteousness and sinless perfection for my sinfulness so that by my faith and trust in that sacrifice, I come into a right relationship with God.
- Exclusivity. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way that mankind can be reconciled to God. Therefore, all other religions are false.
- Nickname: I received the nickname “Professor” in seventh grade. At the time, it was not a compliment. Over the years, I’ve grown to like it.